Dr. Marcel Robles
- Assistant Dean & Chair of Faculty, Professor of Corporate Communication & Technology, MBA Faculty
- PhD University of North Dakota
- Office: BTC 210
- Mailing Address: BTC 214
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Administrative-Assistant-(859)-622-1377-Direct-Line-(859)-622-1117
Dr. Marcel (Marci) Robles is the Assistant Dean and Chair of the Faculty in the School of Business. She is also an MBA Faculty and Professor of Corporate Communication and Technology. Dr. Robles teaches managerial report writing, professional communication, introduction to business, entrepreneurship, and MBA managerial communication. Additionally, she does consulting and seminars in organizational communication. She conducts seminars for the Kentucky State Law Enforcement’s Executive Development Academy and EKU’s Middle Management Leadership Excellence Institute for employees from Tokico Manufacturing, Hitachi Automotive, Sherwin-Williams Corporate Offices, NACCO Industries, and other businesses in central and southeastern Kentucky. Dr. Robles has also done “train-the-trainer” workshops in critical thinking for the University Training Consortium and the Cabinet for Health and Family Services.
Dr. Robles has authored more than 40 journal articles, book chapters, and peer-reviewed manuscripts. She has presented at over 90 conferences nationally and internationally and often serves as a paper and textbook reviewer. She enjoys co-presenting with undergraduate and graduate students to involve them in the intellectual contribution process--and has had students present at professional conferences.
Dr. Robles has served in many leadership roles as Board Member, President, Vice President, Program Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer for various professional associations in the business discipline. She is currently the Immediate Past President of the International Association for Business Communication. She is also Past President for the Association for Research in Business Education.
Dr. Robles is the Editor-in-Chief for Sage Organizational Communication Modules. She recently served as the Editor for the Journal for Research in Business Information Systems. Dr. Robles also has been active in numerous roles at EKU, having served as a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Critical Thinking Coach for the College of Business and Technology, Faculty Representative on the University’s Strategic Planning Council, and Faculty Senator. She has mentored several Honors Thesis students and has served as Faculty Advisor for the student organization Phi Beta Lambda—Future Business Leaders of America for 26 years.
Dr. Robles has received numerous awards in teaching, research, and service throughout her career. A few of her most recent honors include:
* ABC Fellow of the Association Award, International Association for Business Communication, 2019
* Business Communication Impact Award, USC Marshall, International Association for Business Communication, 2018
* Jack L. Dyer Excellence in Teaching Award, School of Business, EKU, 2017
* Critical Thinking Teacher of the Year, EKU, 2016
* Outstanding Educator Award, Association for Business Information Systems, 2012
* Outstanding Research Paper Award, Association for Research in Business Education, 2012
* Outstanding Educator Award, Association for Business Communication, 2012
* Spirit of ABC Award, International Association for Business Communication, 2011
Originally from Grand Forks, North Dakota, Dr. Robles received her Ph.D. from the University of North Dakota in 1996, where she taught for 13 years before joining the EKU faculty in 2002.