Dr. James Blair
- Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Office: BTC 166
- Mailing Address: BTC 011
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 859-622-8611
- PhD, University of Rhode Island in Business Administration (Concentration in Marketing)
- MBA, University of Dayton (Concentrations in Finance and Marketing)
- BA, Ohio University in Business Administration (Majors in Business Economics, Finance, and Pre-Business Law)
- BA, Ohio University in Exercise and Sport Sciences (Major in Sport Management)
Dr. James Blair is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Eastern Kentucky University. He is a consumer behavior researcher specializing in pricing and sport marketing. His research has been published in several academic publications. Additionally, he has presented his research at a variety of conferences hosted by several academic associations including the Academy of International Business-Southeast, American Collegiate Retailing Association, Appalachian Research in Business, Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education, Association for Marketing Theory and Practice, Society for Judgement and Decision Making, and Society for Marketing Advances.
In the classroom, Dr. Blair leverages experiential learning through live-client projects with his students. This allows students to apply course concepts to local businesses and come away with tangible documents they can add to their professional portfolios.
Recently he was named a Direct Selling Education Foundation Fellow (https://dsef.org/dsef-fellows-program/dsef-fellows/). This opportunity allows him to provide his students with more hands on sales experience, insights from successful sales executives, and conduct new sales related research. Dr. Blair also serves on the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Consumer Marketing.
Follow Dr. Blair on the following social media platforms…
Select Popular Press Coverage
Powered Aire Global Marketing Projects: http://www.sharonherald.com/news/business/powered-aire-teams-up-with-marketing-students-for-insight-on/article_b589eda1-2e03-5e8d-98aa-ba6a32a49242.html
American Marketing Association Blog - Statistics are Fun: http://docsig.org/blogpost01/?utm_source=DocSIG+Email+Feb+1+2016&utm_campaign=Feb+1+2016&utm_medium=email
Rhode Island Marine Trades Association Intern Program Consulting for Providence Boat Show: http://rimta.org/index.php/2015/11/17/tapping-millennial-wisdom/
Front Office Sports Interview: https://frntofficesport.com/a-passionate-professional-the-journey-of-jim-blair/
- Blair, J. (2019) “Book Review: The Fluid Consumer: Next Generation Growth and Branding in the Digital Age.” Journal of Macromarketing, 39(3), 341-345.
- Blair, J., Xiao, J., and Mason, I. (2019) “A Framework for Practical Student Projects in Global Marketing Courses.” Business Education Forum, 73(4), 4-7.
- Blair, J. (2016). “Gerald Davis, The Vanishing American Corporation (2016).” Markets, Globalization & Development Review, 1(2), 8-18.
- Blair, J., Titlebaum, P., Brown, M. & Dick. R. (2016). “Learn What the Luxury Suite Customer Wants.” Applied Research in Coaching and Athletics Annual, 31(1), 224-248.