Patterson Scholars for 2018-19 Announced
The Department of Management, Marketing and International Business at Eastern Kentucky University has announced 28 Patterson Scholars for the 2018-19 academic year.
The Patterson Scholarship is the largest privately funded endowed scholarship fund at EKUs. Since its establishment in 1997, the endowment is made available to student applicants who have already declared a major in business and marketing education, general business, management, or marketing.
The 2018-19 Patterson Scholars are:
- Ryan Anglin (Junior-Marketing), Louisville, Kentucky
- Kyle Best (Junior- Management), Louisville, Kentucky
- Lyndsey Burke (Junior-General Business), Ashland, Kentucky
- Chance Burnett (Freshman-Marketing), Versailles, Kentucky
- Madison Crump (Sophomore-General Business), Argillite, Kentucky
- Will Davis (Junior- Marketing Research and Analytics), Manchester, Kentucky
- Kassidy Easterling (Sophomore-Human Resource Management), Richmond, Kentucky
- Jeremy Gregory (Senior-Professional Golf Management), Algonquin, Illinois.
- Karissa Hardesty (Junior-Professional Golf Management), Brandenburg, Kentucky.
- Madison Harris (Senior-Music Marketing), Olive Hill, Kentucky.
- Zachary Hart (Junior-Music Marketing), Corbin, Kentucky.
- Jackson Hurtt (Senior-International Business & Management), Erlanger, Kentucky.
- Caitlyn Kirchoff (Junior-Marketing), Henderson, Kentucky.
- Mikayla Marti (Freshman-General Business), Independence, Kentucky.
- Lauren McCabe (Freshman-General Business), LaGrange, Kentucky.
- Jessica Ralston (Senior-Management), Lexington, Kentucky
- Trevor Ridner (Sophomore-Management), Ferguson, Kentucky
- Autumn Robinson (Freshman-Global Supply Chain), Berea, Kentucky
- Elizabeth Roch (Freshman-Professional Golf Management), Hebron, Kentucky
- Elizabeth Sanders (Senior-Human Resource Management), South Shore, Kentucky
- Alex Shelton (Sophomore-General Business), Fort Wright, Kentucky
- Sarah Sparks (Junior-Human Resource Management), Lancaster, Kentucky
- Hannah Theissen (Senior-Marketing Research and Analytics), Taylor Mill, Kentucky
- Logan Thomas (Junior-Professional Golf Management), Monroe, Ohio
- Alex Townes (Senior-Marketing), Willisburg, Kentucky
- Jake Vandermosten (Senior-Human Resource Management), Burlington, Kentucky.
- Joshua Wallin (Junior-Professional Golf Management), Double Springs, Alabama
- Kevin Ward (Senior, Global Supply Chain), Georgetown, Kentucky.
Each student will be awarded $1,500 per semester for two semesters. Requirements for the scholarship are a minimum 24 ACT score and a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Students submit letters of reference, and consideration is given to evidence of leadership and work-related activities.
While the Patterson Scholarship may be renewed annually, the endowment is entirely conditional upon student involvement in academics, leadership, recruitment and service.
Each scholar is required to participate in at least one recruitment activity or other department recruitment event to meet with students and answer questions about the Department of Management, Marketing and International Business to fulfill the service obligation.
Aside from recruitment and service obligations, student scholars are also expected to assume leadership roles in campus student organizations and strive to maintain a high level of academic success.
For more information about the Patterson Scholarship, visit www.management.eku.edu/patterson-business-scholarship.
Published on May 04, 2018