MMIB Welcomes 2017-18 Patterson Scholars
The Department of Management, Marketing and International Business is pleased to announce Patterson Scholars for the 2017-18 academic year.
The Patterson Scholarship is the largest privately funded endowed scholarship fund on Eastern Kentucky University’s campus. Since its establishment in 1997, the endowment is made available to student applicants who have already declared a major in Business and Marketing Education, General Business, Management, or Marketing.
The 2017-18 Patterson Scholars are:
- Kyle Best (Freshman-Marketing), Lancaster, KY
- Jacob Bennett (Junior-PGM), Sharpsville, IN
- Daniel Bevins (Senior-Management), Richmond, KY
- Ethan Brown (Freshman-Management), Olive Hill, KY
- Lyndsey Burke (Sophomore-General Business), Ashland, KY
- Lucy Burkhardt (Junior-Management & Marketing), Stoney Fork, KY
- Madison Crump (Freshman-Entrepreneurship), Argillite, KY
- Isabella Dunn (Freshman-International Business), Louisville, KY
- Kassidy Easterling (Freshman-International Business & Management), Richmond, KY
- Jeremy Gregory (Junior-PGM), Algonquin, IL
- Karissa Hardesty (Sophomore-PGM), Brandenburg, KY
- Madison Harris (Junior-Music Marketing), Olive Hill, KY
- Zachary Hart (Freshman-Music Marketing), Corbin, KY
- Jackson Hurtt (Junior-International Business & Management), Taylor Mill, KY
- Caitlyn Kirchoff (Sophomore-Marketing), Henderson, KY
- Tim Lumbrix (Senior-Global Supply Chain), Louisville, KY
- Alexandra Newnam (Senior-Marketing), Richmond, KY
- Mason Northcutt (Freshman-International Business), Frankfort, KY
- Ian Radabaugh (Freshman-PGM), Archbold, OH
- Jessica Ralston (Junior-Management), Lexington, KY
- Olivia Reichenbach (Freshman-Marketing), Somerset, KY
- Trevor Ridner (Freshman-Human Resource Management), Ferguson, KY
- Elizabeth Sanders (Sophomore-Human Resource Management), South Shore, KY
- Masi Sanders (Senior-Management & Marketing), Somerset, KY
- Sarah Sparks (Sophomore-Human Resource Management), Lancaster, KY
- Dalton Stanley (Senior-Global Supply Chain), Richmond, KY
- Logan Thomas (Sophomore-PGM), West Chester, OH
- Josuha Wallin (Sophomore-PGM), Double Spring, AL
Each student will be awarded $1,500 per semester for two semesters. Requirements for the scholarship are a minimum 24 ACT score and a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Students submit three letters of reference and consideration is given to evidence of leadership and work-related activities.
While this scholarship may be renewed annually, the endowment is entirely conditional upon student involvement in the following areas:
Each student scholar is required to attend at least one Spotlight event or other department recruitment event to meet with students and answer questions about Management, Marketing and International Business to fulfill the service obligation. “They are the face of the department,” stated Beth Polin. The Patterson Scholarship Committee is Chaired by Beth Polin.
Aside from recruitment and service obligations, student scholars are also expected to take on leadership roles in campus student organizations and strive to maintain a high level of academic success.
Find out more about the Patterson Scholarship at: http://www.management.eku.edu/patterson-business-scholarship
Published on September 06, 2017