Maroon SHRM students give back
Some of the student members from EKU’s Maroon Society for Human Resource Management group took a few minutes out of their study schedule to participate in an internal service project to show their appreciation to the administrative and maintenance staff who work so hard in the College of Business and Technology Building.
Maroon SHRM put together and distributed bags of assorted festive candles and candies to twenty of the members of the staff working in the Business and Technology Center. This service project was done to demonstrate in a small way during this Thanksgiving season how thankful the students are for the many and varied contributions of the hard working staff. The Maroon SHRM group greatly appreciates the efforts of the members of the college and hope they have a wonderful holiday season.
Other activities by this long-standing student organization this Fall 2013 semester have included a series of guest speakers making presentations on graduate school options in human resource management, understanding HRM as a profession, hiring strategies, a networking mixer with HR professionals in Lexington and transitioning from being a student to being a practicing professional in the field of human resources.
Maroon SHRM is advised by Allen D. Engle, Foundation Professor of Management.
Photo caption (l-r):
- Hannah Moberly (SR, Human Resource Management), Louisville
- Steve Shelton (SR, Management), Richmond
- Daniel Copenhaver (SR, Management), Somerset
- George Frederick (SR, Human Resource Management), Stanford
- Colton Burgess (SR, Management), Paintsville
- Wes Jarrell (SR, Human Resource Management), Paintsville
- Michael Henderson (SR, Management), Somerset
- Shawn Glassford (SR, Human Resource Management), Burlington
Dr. Allen Engle
Published on November 22, 2013