Maroon SHRM Elects Officers for Spring 2015
EKU’s Society for Human Resource Management (Maroon SHRM) is a student run organization open to all majors interested in the human resource management profession.
Members engage in a number of professional, charitable, and service projects throughout the semester. Maroon SHRM currently holds officer elections at the beginning of each semester, providing students a channel in which to exercise leadership.
Pictured (left to right) are the senior Spring 2015 Maroon SHRM officers:
- Brody Freeman (General Business, Corbin) - Vice President of Publicity
- Ryan Baker (Management, Berea) - Chief Operating Officer
- Nuri Yurdakul (Management, Springboro, Oh.) - Chief Financial Officer
- Victoria Bishop (HR Management, Danville) - Chief Information Officer
- Dan Shepherd (Management, Cincinnati, Oh.) - Vice President of Service Projects
- Jeff Moon (HR Management, Harrodsburg) - Chief Learning Officer
- Ashley Halsey (HR Management, Stanton) - Chief Executive Officer
Maroon SHRM has participated in several notable service projects in recent years, such as collecting donations to assist in preventing families from losing their homes and sending care packages to troops.
The group also regularly invites professionals to dialogue on topics of interest. At their March meeting, Mr. Tim Hall, SPHR, spoke to the group. Mr. Hall is Director of Human Resources for the Tetra Tech facility in Lexington. Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management and technical services worldwide. The company has over 13,000 employees with a revenue of $2.5 billion and a geographic reach of more than 300 offices worldwide.
Members also receive a wide variety of professional benefits from participating in Maroon SHRM. Other events include guest speakers from business leaders in related industries, insight into graduate school options, plant walkthroughs, and other networking experiences. Maroon SHRM meetings are posted on the SHRM bulletin board outside of Room 102 in the EKU Business and Technology Center.
Dr. Allen Engle
Published on March 03, 2015