EKU Phi Beta Lambda Kicks Off the Year with CityFest Service Project
EKU's Chapter of Phi Beta Lambda members are no strangers to hard work. And this year is not exception. They kick off the year with a community service project following CityFest on September 15th. CityFest is the only time businesses are given the opportunity to directly market their products and/or services on campus. This year's event will run from from 5:00 to 7:00 pm in the heart of EKU's campus - Powell Plaza.
PBL will be on hand as things wind down to help with trash clean-up. Chapter President Dalton Stanley encourages everyone to come out for the 8:15 pm briefing in Middle Powell and "join us in keeping our campus beautiful!"
Stanley also noted that EKU has the third largest chapter in Kentucky and brought home 19 awards from last year's state competition. Members followed up that outstanding performance by bringing home nine awards from National competition this past summer.
Chapter meetings are held every other Thursday at 5:00 p.m. in the Business and Technology Center, Room 071, with the next meeting set for Thursday, Sept. 22nd. Additional meeting dates are:
- Thursday, Sept. 1st @ 5:00 PM in BTC 071
- Thursday, Sept. 15th @ 8:15 PM (After City Fest) in Middle Powell Campus Clean-Up
- Thursday, Sept. 22nd @ 5:00 PM in BTC 071
- Thursday, Oct. 6th @ 5:00 PM in BTC 071 Membership Dues Deadline $30
- Thursday, Oct. 20th @ 5:00 PM in BTC 071
- Thursday, Nov. 3rd @ 5:00 PM in BTC 071
- Thursday, Nov. 24th – No meeting. Thanksgiving Break! We are thankful for you!
- Thursday, Dec. 1st @ 5:00 PM in BTC 071 (Tentative)
Upcoming competitions and events in the works include:
- Campus Clean-Up – After City Fest. Meet in Middle Powell. Sept. 15th
- Membership Dues Deadline October 6th
- Kentucky State Leadership Conference – Location and Date TBA Late March or early April (Estimated Dates Based on Last Year)
- Relay for Life Event – April (If we decide to participate)
- National Leadership Conference — Anaheim, CA June 24th-27th (**For those who qualify at State Leadership Conference and wish to attend – will cost approximately $350).
For more information on joining this outstanding student organization, contact email@example.com.
Published on September 06, 2016