EKU’s Society for Human Resource Management (Maroon SHRM) is a student run organization open to all majors interested in the human resource management profession.
Members engage in a number of professional, charitable, and service projects throughout the semester. Maroon SHRM currently holds officer elections at the beginning of each semester, providing students a channel in which to exercise leadership.
Fall 2014 Maroon SHRM officer and seniors are:
- Jacob Webster (HR Management, Richmond) - Vice President of Service Projects
- Austin Plenzler (HR Management, Springboro, Oh.) - Chief Financial Officer
- Josh Tedder (HR Management, Louisville) - Vice President of Liaison with Bluegrass SHRM
- Brooke Sargent (Management, Clarksville, Oh.) - Vice President of Administration
- Sara Snowden (HR Management, Irvine) - Vice President of Social Activities
- Contessa Wireman (HR Management, Lancaster) - Chief Information Officer
- Katie Justice (Communication Studies, Harrodsburg)
- Chelsea Montgomery (HR Management, McKee) - Chief Operations Officer
- Jessica Johnson (HR Management, Richmond) - Chief Executive Officer
- Tyler Bishop (HR Management, Brooksville) - Chief Learning Officer
- Michael Stoess (HR Management, Prospect) - Vice President of Career Transitions
Maroon SHRM has participated in several notable service projects in recent years, such as collecting donations to assist in preventing families from losing their homes and sending care packages to troops.
At their October meeting, Halloween treat bags were prepared as a thank you to School of Business faculty and staff.
Members also receive a wide variety of professional benefits from participating in Maroon SHRM. Other events include guest speakers from business leaders in related industries, insight into graduate school options, plant walkthroughs, and other networking experiences. Maroon SHRM meetings are posted on the SHRM bulletin board outside of Room 102 in the EKU Business and Technology Center.